This event is now over.
The organisers would like to thank all sponsors, speakers and delegates for taking part. Please check back for updates on future events or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Implementing Proactive Approaches & Forward thinking Methodologies "
About Materials and Technologies in Anti-counterfeiting
This year, European Plastics News is launching the Material and Technologies in Anti-counterfeiting Conference.
Global counterfeiting is a growing problem that poses public health and safety concerns for consumers and law enforcement agencies whilst creating financial concerns for legitimate brand owners and global businesses.
- Tassilo Korab – joining us from the Europe Healthcare Compliance Council. Co-founded HCPC- Europe which specialises in improving the quality of drug packaging design.
- Jim Thomson – representative from EAASM (European Alliance for Access to Safe Medicines) who will be able to share his dedication to providing access to safe and legitimate medicines, as well as his recent experience working with the BBC on their anti-counterfeiting documentary.
- Sophie Molle – from WCO (World Customs Organisation) and responsible for the management and launch of their IPM programme – an online tool, used to identify and thwart counterfeiters.
- Marco Musumeci – responsible for the Anti-Counterfeiting programme, produced by the United Nations Interregional Crime & Justice Unit (Unicri). This programme aims to reduce the number of organised crime, connected with counterfeit criminals operating today.
- The impact of counterfeit goods on different industries
- Developing a proactive approach to pre-empting counterfeit activities
- Using packaging materials and technologies to stay one step ahead of counterfeiters
- Looking at the current methodologies used by different industries to fight counterfeit goods
- How the Pharmaceutical industry deals with counterfeit goods
- Concerns and solutions: When should overt and covert applications be used?
- How can different industries share ideas on counterfeiting strategies? What are the common problems and issues?